Dogs are man’s best friends and understand us like no other animal. They provide companionship and comfort during difficult times. A dog can help you through everything from overcoming a bad break-up to coping with illness or even the death of a loved one.So naturally it is very tempting to take your pup with your everywhere you go – Especially of vacation.
Here are few easy ways how to make your dog trip stress free:
- Remember to bring a crate for your pet, especially if they are a shy dog. If your pet is overwhelmed, it can usually be caged for short periods.
- Make sure your pet is up to date with their vaccinations, especially the Bordetella and Distemper combination vaccines. These are preventable diseases that can be fatal to pets if not treated properly
- Keep your pet entertained on long journeys, whether that means providing toys and fresh water or bringing along a tablet or DVD player with dog games.
- Adjust your itinerary ahead of time as necessary to explore the areas you want to see. Ask locals where the best dog friendly restaurants and tourist spots are.
- Instead of feeling anxious or stressed, let the locals – and your dog – take the lead on your trip, and you can just enjoy the experience.
- Be flexible and accommodating, remember that things change, such as weather conditions, entry rules, or your dog might simply be overwhelmed.
When traveling with your pet, remember that his well being is absolute priority.